HIPPY USA has a 15-year relationship wtih AmeriCorps! Your program can join this historic partnership with the Corporation for National and Community Service.
- Help with College Costs and Student Loans
AmeriCorps members who sucessfully complete their service receive Education Awards that can be used for college costs or student loan payments. Some Awards are transferable to other family members.
- Work and Life Skills
AmeriCorps members gain valuable experience and learn teamwork, communication, responsibility, and other essential skills that can advance your career and your life skills.
- Make a Difference in Your Community
AmeriCorps members gain satisifation by incorporating service into their lives, giving their time and talents to their community, and helping children and their families improve their lives.
- Program cost savings
- Funding for staff training
- Education Awards for Home Visitors
- Increased awareness and visibility within the community
- Improvement and expansion of program services
HIPPY Programs Best-Suited for AmeriCorps
- Current or former states, programs, or sites that have participated in the HIPPY USA AmeriCorps Initiative
- AmeriCorps Programs
- Programs with the ability to attract at least 10 AmeriCorps members
- Programs with the ability to match at least 42% of funding
AmeriCorps members can help HIPPY programs strengthen community service and recruit additional families. With AmeriCorps, HIPPY Programs can give their home visitor staff a tangible benefit and incentive to continue their education.
HIPPY USA will be sending out a Request for Proposals (RFP) soon. To assure you receive a copy or for more information about National Service, AmeriCorps, and grantee responsibilities please call 501.537.7726 or email: email@example.com.