HIPPY USA Summer Preservice -FAQs
Can Supervisors attend this training?
The traditional Preservice Training did allow Supervisors or Administrators to attend two days for the in-person session. The structure of Virtual Preservice is an intensive month-long training. Supervisors or Administrators are welcomed to attend the training; however, they will have to participate for the full duration of the training and pay for the preservice registration fee. We do have a Supervisor Online Training program for $305. Here is the registration link https://hippyusa.regfox.com/supervisor-online-training-registration. All HIPPY Supervisors can complete this training to meet Administrative Standard 7
What are the dates to attend the Virtual Preservice?
Participants will start their courses on July 1st and end on July 31st.
When will I gain access to the online classroom?
Will I need to buy any materials for the training?
Will HIPPY USA issue invoices?
Yes, HIPPY USA will issue invoices if this choice is selected during the payment option. However, all invoices must be paid to receive login credentials to the course classroom.
Will there be a Virtual Preservice in Fall?
HIPPY USA is currently looking at this option. We will have more information to provide in the Fall.
What do I do on my first day of Preservice?
What do I do if I have a course-related question?
What do I do if I have a question that is not course-related?
Will I receive training on virtual service delivery during Preservice?
Yes! Although state guidelines for returning to work differ, HIPPY USA has approved guidelines to help programs decide on how to implement virtual service delivery into their programs. The guidance will be reviewed and discussed with participants as well as incorporated into the training during the Levels 2 and 3 activities.
What is the best way for me to budget my time for the four-week Preservice?
- As mentioned on the Preservice Training page, the preservice coursework has three levels of engagement. The following Virtual Preservice Timetable identifies the amount of time it will take to complete each level for each course. Level 1 and 2 are self-paced coursework to be completed at the participant's discretion. However, all assignments must be completed before starting Level 3.
- Many level 2 assignments will parallel work that is typically conducted by coordinators, such as creating a flyer for a group meeting, etc. A coordinator completing these assignments will simultaneously perform tasks generally completed as part of their daily routine.
- During the last week of preservice, all participants will meet simultaneously for the Level 3 session. The July Virtual Preservice Level 3 Calendar defines the specific days and times everyone is required to meet online.
What type of work will I be doing in Level 1?
What type of work will I be doing in Level 2?
- Preservice courses contain two types of Level 2 activities, Q&A Discussions, and Upload Assignments.
- Q&A Discussions present a question that each participant must answer. Most Q&A Discussions require each participant to post responses to questions and to reply to at least two other posts. Instructions within each discussion will identify any activity that doesn’t require two replies.
- Upload Assignments ask the participant to create and upload a document such as a sample budget, a group flyer, or other related files.
- In all cases, the participant's course page will show the successful completion of the assignments. Successful completion requires participants to complete all assignments and tasks for each course.
What materials will I need for preservice?
- The HIPPY Role Play Level 3 experience involves role-playing activities for each age group. Before starting Level 3, participants will need access to curriculum, activity packets, and books. Participants that do not have access to materials must notify HIPPY USA before the start of Preservice. The books and activities required during preservice are:
- HIPPY for Little Learners:
- Week 1 of Curriculum
- Book: Goodnight Moon
- Year 1 Materials
- Year 1-Week 1 of curriculum
- Book: Where’s Spot
- Year 2 Materials
- Year 2-Week 1 of curriculum
- Book: Sounds I Hear
- Year 5 Materials
- Let’s Read Talk and Play
- Book: Dan Goes to Kindergarten
- HIPPY for Little Learners:
When is the next Preservice?
The tentative start date for the next virtual preservice is October 1, 2020.
Click here for information on Summer Preservice